- New York Times Best Seller
- Wall Street Journal Best Seller
- 3 Consecutive Years, BusinessWeek Best Seller
- Named to The 100 Best Business Books of All Time
- 10 Best Business Books of All Time, RateItAll.com
- BusinessWeek Best Seller
- Translated in 21 Languages
- "Harry makes the invisible engagingly accessible."
– The Motley Fool
- Best Business Audio Book of 2004 (AudioFile)
- Translated in 17 Languages
- "Valuable, fresh, funny and strategic."
- Notable Business Books of the Year, 2007 American Booksellers Association
- Translated in 14 Languages
- "Splendid and valuable."
– Border's Monthly
- "A fascinating meditation on Americans and the marketers who chase after them."
– Publisher's Weekly
- "Amazing—I was blown away. One reference after the next, each insightful on its own, connected into a brilliant and useful view of the world."
– Derek Sivers, Legendary music entrepreneur and featured TED speaker
- "Reminiscent of Gladwell's bestsellers."
– Kirkus Reviews